Mr. CHAN, Pui Yuk Simon
Programme Leader, AScAvPS
Programme Introduction Video
PROGRAMME INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and basic flight training skills for piloting;
- Apply knowledge and skills for aviation operations;
- Work competently at the para-professional level in the aviation industry and/or pursue further studies at degree level;
- Demonstrate a solid foundation in generic skills including language proficiency, quantitative methods, information technology, problem solving, and a capacity for independent and lifelong learning;
- Examine the major socio-political, cultural and economic issues affecting piloting and aviation in the local, national, regional and international contexts; and
- Relate major ideas in arts and humanities, science and technology, and society and organizations to piloting and aviation.
FURTHER STUDIES PATHWAYS
This programme has been offered since 2018-19. Possible articulation may include aviation and logistics related degree programmes in City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the University of Hong Kong.
For career development, by equipping students with aviation and piloting related knowledge, graduates from this programme will be capable to take up the following positions: Cadet Pilot, Flight Attendant, Air Traffic Control Officer, Aircraft Load Controller, Cargo Services Officer, Flight Dispatcher, Airfield Operation Officer, Ramp Services Supervisor or Customer Services Supervisor.
Related job opportunities are available with a wide-range of companies, for example, companies of airlines, ground handling, airline catering, air cargo, aircraft engineering, airport management, business aviation and logistics.
MAIN SUBJECT AREAS
- Pilot studies
- Aviation operations and management
- Information Technologies and Basic Science
- Language and General Education
General Education Courses
Four courses to be chosen from all of the following domains:
- Arts and Humanities
- Science and Technology
- Society and Organisations
Programme Specific Entrance Requirements
No programme-specific entrance requirement
Mode of Study
|The Hong Kong Air Cadet Corps is the teaching partner of this programme.|
|The Hong Kong Aviation Club is our flight training provider.|